Thursday, August 27, 2009

D-A-N-B-E-E Danbee is for me!

Ok I know I promised this a while ago but life has been busy with prepping for school and now school. I have some highlights of my summer at the one and only Camp Danbee. here goes.
  • Coldplay: The campers did not enjoy this experience nearly as much as the counselors did, but thats ok. I bonded with my girls during the warm up acts and once Coldplay was on they were tired, but i was roaring to go. I am now a coldplay fan, they put on a great show and played songs that I actually like ( although they did play clocks which i am not a fan of, but the rest of the show made up for that minor point) They also came with 12 feet of me during the acustic part of thier set. It was great times for the Danbee staff.
  • Vags: oh man. I had a blast in Cape cod, hence all the cape cod things I am currently wearing ( bracelet, ring, sweatshirt) I loved whale watching, the humpback whales we saw were so beautiful and huge and just breathtaking, and not only because whale breath smells like a baby's diaper. I took probably 300 pictures that morning and only 200 actually turned out and they are of pretty much the same thing, but I don't even care. It was AMAZING. P-town ( where the oh so loveable Marc Jacobs just got married) was a lot of fun too. 3 of my girls and I went shopping and they had a lot more fun than they thought they would. My favorite part of that venture was eating pizza in a little bar and dancing with one of my girls to the crazy music they had playing. It was just that light hearted moment that made me realize how much I love my girls.
  • Days off: I did not have a single bad day off. Each one had it's great points.My favorite day was by far the time we took Kevin's car and cruised Mass. I drove us to the outlets then we decided that the outlets would be so much better if they had an Urban outfitters which then persuaded us to ask the sales lady who to get to north hampton from there. So 45 minutes later we were at an Urban buying way too much stuff. There was also the day we walked 2.5 miles in the worst storm we had seen all summer so we could get lunch and then some ice cream. i have never been so wet in my life and yet i wouldn't have gotten a ride if it had been offered. We sang all the way to food and I loved it. That same night was the night I had some fun in the parking lot at Wal-mart. I think they were on to me. Then there were only about 10 of us at the Depot ( our favorite haunt) and I was perfectly fine with that, especially when Larrissa and I had a dance off just by ourselves. And who could forget our beach? It only cost $1.50 to get to and we just layed out and ate alllll day. It never failed us. Granted there were the creepy townies who drank girly-beer, but even they were harmless enough. It also caused my love of aftersun. It just smells so yummy.
  • That wal-mart night is the night that convinced me to delete a certain someone's number from my phone. Good riddance.
  • Ropes: best job by far. we alwasy had so much fun at ropes. Be it Laura's crazy antics, Ash and my's synched dance to beauty and the beast music, me in the tree and her on the ground. Taking naps in my tree or listening to way too much Kings of Leon. My fave part of ropes was the days during fun and fitness when we were supposed to go back to our bunks where we would sit on the porch, eating candy, listening to music and talking about our escapades outside of camp, or for Luke, pre-baby. There was also that one night we played late night soccer. Sure we lost, but we had fun....right?
  • Some of the best days I had though were the days when my co Clare and I would sneak onto the boats. We would just ride around while the kids were getting skiing lessons enjoying the breeze and the spray of Lake Ashmere's water. These excursions were often followed by a quick dip in the lake, usually wiht all our clothes on because life is just alittle more fun that way. Actually many of the great times involved me and my Co Clare just sitting around not doing much of anything, chit-chatting away about life.
I had such an amazing summer and this bit does not do it justice. I miss so many of the people from camp and sadly I am going to have to spend WAY too much money to go and visit them in England, Scotland and Australia, but I know it is going to be worth it. It is hard to say whether I am going to go back to camp next year or not, but I really want to even if it is just to see everyone I miss from this summer.

don't worry this isn't goodbye, it's just good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment