Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Relax and enjoy The Bread Basket of America, The greatest country on Earth!


Several hours later…

Well you probably guessed it the train ride was mighty adventurous. You may think I am being sarcastic, but I am not. Once we checked out of our freezing cold hotel room, hailed a cab and made it to Union Station it was all a matter of hunting down some food and where our train was leaving from. We managed to do both. Once we found the mini-terminal for our train we sat for a while. I tried to read a book, but it was successful. Instead I people watched. There was this guy in the back who checked Jenna out when she went to the bathroom. There was the old man who sat by us. He was nice, he also tried to protect us from the crazy man who talked to himself. There was the foreign guy in the teal hat, I couldn’t tell where we was from because he always had his passport turned away from me, and I am blind. There was backpack guy who never took a seat; he just stood there making friends. He intrigued us. There was the girl on the floor reading kite runner, I disapproved of her haircut. Shallow I know, but what are you going to do? And there was the red head with the big teeth. We finally got on the train and after a smidge decided to go to the viewing car. A very pleasant place indeed. Backpack guy was also in that car. Jenna and I sat listening to music and looking out the window when all of the sudden backpack guy was next to us. He asked us if we wanted something to drink, we said yes and found out his name was Joe .( Note to Jenna: Someone finally did buy us drinks! Even if they were just Pepsi) Joe the backpack guy is going to San Francisco to do some hiking. He quit his job and is from Tennessee. His train ride is 56 hours, versus our 5. He is 24 (ish?) and is adventurous. He enlightened us with his tails of the people he met on trains and then took our picture. He assured us that he is not a creeper. Speaking of cameras. Jenna and I were interviewed in Union station about our use of eco-friendly products during the recession. Today was a bad day to wear my hair up. I didn’t follow one of my own rules of life today. I am not properly dressed to meet fun people. I am going to blame this on the coldness of the hotel and Chicago this morning. Oh well, if Joe ever writes a book and Jenna and I are in it and I look like crap at least we will know why. There shouldn’t be too much time left on our most bodacious of adventures so I bid you Farewell.

Rule of Life #1998: You don’t get two rules of life a day…you cheater you.

No comments:

Post a Comment